6th Grade Orchestra
Students in 6th grade Orchestra will meet daily during 7th, 8th, or 9th period. Combo students - you can view the combo schedule under the technique & combo schedule tab.
Note reading practice:
If you are new to note reading in your clef and would like to start to start with the basic version of the note reading challenge to build your confidence before taking on the actual Note Challenge, start here. These links are the same challenge but include the helper note names on the side to help you get used to which notes are on your lines and spaces.
- Basic Cello and Bass Challenge: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/ncuyryyynybygy
- Basic Viola Challenge: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/rpwyryyynybygy
- Basic Violin Challenge: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/b8qyryyynybygy
Note Challenge is a great way to help you learn to read the notes for your clef! Practice these at home to see if you can improve your accuracy and time! These are all notes from your open D up to your high D. Good luck!! Our goal is to keep getting better! If clicking the link does not work, copy it and paste it into your browser.
- Cellos and Basses click here for the Bass Clef Notes: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/ncuyryyynyyygy
- Violas click here for the Alto Clef Notes: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/rpwyryyynyyygy
- Violins click here for the Treble Clef Notes: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/b8qyryyynyyygy
Click to add the 6th Grade Orchestra dates to my online calendar!
Click to add the 6th Grade Orchestra dates to my iCal (for mac users)!